Wednesday, September 14, 2005

9/13 Zion: All Work Related. Professional Development or Program Research?

(blog guideline #3 “ relate to your audience”. Since anyone still reading this thing must be criminally insane, I will forgo that advice and write what I want)

My exhaustive studies of the transportation system here at Zion has inspired me to promote some changes that could be adopted by the Arlington Master Transportation Plan update currently underway.

#1 Stop all cars from entering Arlington and provide a significantly expanded bus system and parking lots at all major entry points. Here at Zion, the transit system works nearly flawlessly because they do not let cars go into much of the park. Sheer genius.

#2 Allow RVs in Arlington to house government workers who cannot afford to purchase homes. Limit the size of the RV to a maximum 35'’ height and 70% lot coverage. I realize this is smaller than most RV'’s out hear but Arlington is an urban community. This will have a second advantage, supported by homeland security, of housing being able to be relocate as needed, based on the BRAC recommendations of the day.

#3 Have the bus drivers give continual talks about Arlington history, and environment. This will educate Arlingtonians in general and promoting the Arlington way. Caution, do not to hire bus drivers with “attitudes who stop talking unless everyone is very quiet and listening.

Zion related improvements: #1 Based on the highly successful WALKArlington Program Create WALKZion My professional observation is that many folks on the busses may be well served by getting off the bus and actually walking somewhere. This will be a sister city program I will head up and will need lots of development related trips back to Zion to fully implement.

Business expenses: I will need to be reimbursed for gas and beer, I will consider accepting only covering the gas costs if that is the position the County chooses to take. Note: In comparison, gallon to gallon beer is now cheaper than gas and I am considering converting the camper to bio-diesel.

I will now go back to bed now and try to sleep. Staying in a hotel 2 nights in a row has provided me with more rest and relaxation than I can safely handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home