Saturday, September 17, 2005

9/16 Las Vegas Turnaround



We toured the dam in the morning. I looked for the tennis shoes I left on the roof of my car 30 years ago during my last visit. Did not see them. Expecting a short day, we drove into Las Vegas and find a room. HA ! we have been in the wilderness a little to long. Vegas is one bizarre and strange place, baby. Between the biker convention and the $300 minimum room rates we turned around and headed back to beautiful downtown Boulder City and got a room in the historic Hoover Dam Hotel. Don’t think we couldn’t handle Sin City. We gambled $2 on the slots while trying to find a room and walked away a dollar richer and a lot wiser.

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tom and Cam--

Just got back from California last night. Saw the Camper as we were flying over Vegas. Looked like it was suffering from some wear and tear, but by the way you were driving, I guessed you were having fun! Yow, what a trip. Thanks for keeping such an entertaining blog. Nice pics, too. Oh and thanks for the postcard. We wish I was there too.

Bob

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom & ToJo,

Well, I made it safely out of Sin City and back to DC.

I looked for the little brown Westfalia as I flew over the Grand Canyon, but I never saw you. Now I know why...you had only made it back to Hoover Dam by the time I landed in DC! I hope you can make it back home by the 25th at that pace.

It's pretty quiet here. The big excitment in my schedule is to check the blog out to see what you two are up to. I can't wait to see your progress. Have fun...be careful!

Love, Cammie

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Tom and Tom,

Now that the Tojorama turnaround has been accomplished, I will be checking in daily. So far, the blog is fabulous and allows us stay-at-homes a chance to travel vicariously -- so thank you very much!

I kinda forget exactly where you're going, where you're backpacking, etc. I should hang the Johnson cross-country trip map back up to trace your route!

I had a road trip of my own this morning, up to Philly and back to drop Olivia off. I was in Philly less than an hour, but managed to see a beautiful painting hanging in a lovely gallery in Nesbitt Hall, drop Olivia off at Jason's (she couldn't find her keys before we left and thus could not get into her apartment), have a cup of tea, and meet Natalie. I also made a stop at Fairfax Hospital to see our newest niece Christina, who is very sweet and on her way home even as I type this. Michael had stopped by on his lunch break earlier. Owen was doing homework when I arrived home, so what's not to like! Except I miss you!

Love,
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home